Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crazy little thing called...


I forgot when did this happen, maybe years ago, I've had such a discussion with a friend of mine on "what love is" and we both have somewhat different opinions on love.

His opinion: Love is something that no one truly knows, we just have strong feelings for your partner, heterosexual or otherwise.

Mine: Love isn't something you say, its an action. When you put your partners needs above your own. That's the gist of it, but there was more.

and when years ago by again, I think my perception was somewhat reinforced again, perhaps morphed by recent extraordinary events that occurred onto me. I think true love is not being able to picture your life without a person. Not being able to imagine for an instant you won't grow old together. To be with someone and feel complete, just because you're with them. To see their faults, acknowledge them, cherish them. To see them at their best, when they're at their worst. To know that whatever happens, whatever tomorrow will bring, if they're there, you can face it with them and do so gladly.

But it's more than that. In the physical sense it's valuing someone else's pleasure and happiness more than your own, it's striving to give them as much pleasure as they give you and then just that bit more... because it's them. It's being completely and totally happy even if it's just walking down the street or seeing the sun set at the horizon, together.

Dante and Beatrice, by Henry Holiday.

Then again, we might not be together, for now. "Does it really matter?", wondering myself, well, yes, longing alone again for a better future. But this is a matter of time again. What matters is that I care for her. Just for this notion alone, it will be part of the reason why she occupies her unique place in my heart.

"All my little plans and schemes,
lost like some forgotten dreams.
Seems that all I really was doing
was waitin' for you.

Just like little girls and boys,
playing with their little toys.
Seems like all we really were doing
was waitin' for love.

Don't need to be alone,
No need to be alone.

It's real love, it's real,
Yes it's real love, it's real.

From this moment on I know,
exactly where my life will go.
Seems that all I really was doing
was waitin' for love.

Don't need to be afraid,
No need to be afraid.

It's real love, it's real,
Yes it's real love, it's real.

Thought I'd been in love before,
but in my heart I wanted more.
Seems like all I really was doing
was waitin' for you.

Don't to be alone,
No need to be alone.

It's real love, yeah it's real,
It's real love, it's real!"





No comments:

Post a Comment